Validate email address email
The validate email address request is sent to members when they (or a coordinator) edit or change their email address in their profile. This notification is sent to confirm that the email address in their profile actually functions. If the email address is not confirmed by the member, you cannot be sure that email messages actually can be received by that member.
The message sent to them contains the following text which can not be edited:
Verify your email address
Verify your email address by clicking this link:
- Verify my email address
[Admin Coordinator configurable content will appear here]
The configurable content is visible at the bottom of the email. It is not required, but may contain information about why having valid emails is important.
Please note that there are many reasons why a person might not have responded to this request to validate the email address:
- maybe the email request was overlooked
- perhaps they do not realize how important it is to reply
- maybe there is a typo in the email address and the request did not get to the intended recipient
- maybe their mail box was full when it was sent
- maybe it was diverted by a spam filter.
There are many reasons why an email validation request might not have been validated. If a member or prospective members has not validated their email address, it is best to contact them by another means (phone, in-person, by another email) to clarify the situation.
To resend the email request to validate / confirm their email,
- "become" the member
- go to the person's profile
- click on the button "Profile Status" at the top of the profile
- go to section 2 "Verify your email address" and click on "send another"