TimeBank Manage Lists
The lists management page allows an Admin Coordinator to add or remove items from the various lists built into Community Weaver.
The Admin Coordinator can configure them in the menu "Gear icon/Configure/Lists"
A new timebank has a default list of categories, which the Admin Coordinator can change. In a new timebank the lists of Tags, Affiliations, Counties, Neighborhoods and Community Timebanks is empty. The Admin Coordinator can enter names into the lists that are useful for the timebank. A new timebank has one default Contact Form Category.
For all lists,
- Clicking the name of the list item will allow you to edit the name in place. Any edit will be immediately saved when you move away from that name (use the Tab or Enter key on your keyboard to move away).
- The list shows the number of elements (members, service ads, recorded exchanges)that are associated with each item in the list.
- Each list shows a grey X on the right hand side which allows you to deletion that item from the list.
- When deleting an item from a list, if it is being used by member accounts, service ads or exchanges reports (the number of uses is shown for each item), you will be given the option of reassigning those to another item in the list. For example, if you wish to delete a service category, any service ads or recorded exchanges which currently use that category can be reassigned to a new category, if that is what you want to do. Similarly, any member account assigned to a tag can be reassigned to another tag.
The lists are each in a different tab.
- Service Categories - is used to edit, change or delete the hierarchy of service categories, and the number of service ads which have been assigned each given category. See the details at Service Categories. WARNING -- WARNING -- Do not delete all the categories. At least one top-level category and one sub-category is required. If you delete all the categories, Community Weaver will crash.
- Tags are used to create or edit a list of tagstags that coordinators can assign to a member's account. In a member's profile, in the section "Connections", a Member Coordinator or an Admin Coordinator can assign (or remove) one or tags from that member's account. WARNING -- WARNING -- It is unfortunately possible to create two different tags with exactly the same name. Two tags with the same name are indistinguishable when assigning and using tags and are to be avoided.
NOTE: It is generally not a good idea to use tags for an attribute that already exists in CW. For example member accounts already have the attributes
- account enabled
- account disabled
- and many more
If you duplicate existing attributes by using tags, It is possible to create confusion, especially since the tags are not automatically assigned (or unassigned) when member account attributes change.
- Affiliations - is used to create or edit a list of organizations that members are affiliated with. In their profiles, in the section "Connections", members can choose one or more organizations to indicate that they have some type of affiliation with that organization.
- Counties - is used to create or edit a list of counties. In their profiles, in the section "Contact Info" (Edit Address), members can choose one county to indicate the county in which they live.
- Neighborhoods - is used to create or edit a list of neighborhoods. In their profiles, in the section "Contact Info" (Edit Address), members can choose one neighborhood to indicate the neighborhood in which they live. The list shows the number of members that are associated with each item in the list. TIP: If you use neighborhoods, create a "neighborhood" with the name "! Other" to give members an opportunity to choose a neighborhood even if theirs is not listed. The "!" will put this at the top of the list and make it easier to find.
- Community TimeBanks - is used to create or edit a list of Community TimeBanks. In their profiles, in the section "Connections", members can link their account with a Community Timebank.
- Contact Form Category - is used to create a list of contact forms that can be used to send messages to the email addresses embedded in the contact form. Anyone can use the contact form but will not see the email address of the recipient of the message. It protects email address from being harvested by spammers. A new timebank has one default Contact Form Category which sends email to the timebank's email address.