TimeBank General Settings
The timebank's general settings are found under the menu Gear icon/Configure/General. That section has three tabs.
- Site Name: The name shown on the home page of your timebank, both at teh top in the menu bar and at the bottom left of every page.
- Email Subject Brand: The phrase that is displayed at the beginning of the subject line of every email or notification sent by Community Weaver. It appears between hard brackets.
- Slogan: The text that appears at the top of the side bar on the right side of Community Weaver pages. It is displayed just under the sites logo.
- Footer Message: The text that appears at teh bottom of every Community Weaver page. If this field is empty, noting is displayed.
- Site email address: The email address for the timebank. This address cannot be edited or change by coordinators.
- Postal Address: The text in this field is displayed at the bottom of every page of the timebank, following the site name and also in email notifications sent by Community Weaver. If this field is empty, noting is displayed.
- Phone Number: The phone number is displayed at the bottom of every page following the postal address and also in email notifications sent by Community Weaver. If this field is empty, noting is displayed.
- Signup Page?: When checked it desplays the "Join " button on the home page to allow anyone to create an applying member account in CW. When unchecked, only coordinators can create new member accounts.
- Hide from, or show member information to the public: When enabled, hides specific member information from search engines, but disallows features like sharing offer and request information via Facebook. RECOMMENDATION: Unless you specifically want to allow the entire Internet to see member's information and details about offers and requests, it is recommended to keep this setting checked. For the details about this setting see Configuring Member Privacy.
- External links open in new window?: Will open external links in a new browser tab when checked. RECOMMENDATION: It is recommended to keep this checked
- Default Ad Expiration: Defines the default expiration period for offers and requests when a members creates a new offer or request.
- Facebook: Enables the FaceBook Like buttons on the site. The Facebook Like links will be displayed in the footer of your site on every page. It also switches on the "Connect with us" block so that it is visible on the home page.
- Facebook Like Page: The URL that will displayed in the Facebook like field at the bottom of every page. The timebank's members can click on the like button. If Facebook is enabled/checked and if this field is empty, then it displays the site domain.
- Twitter: Enables the Twitter Follow buttons on the site. The Twitter Follow buttons will be displayed at the bottom of every page. It also switches on the "Connect with us" block so that it is visible on the home page.
- Twitter User Name: The Twitter user name that your members will follow. It is required if "Twitter" is checked/enabled
Language and Text Tab
- Default Country: The default country us used for new members' postal addresses.
- Language: Choose the default interface language of your site. The default interface language is assigned to new members' profiles. Members may choose another site interface language. IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently all languages except English are experimental. A few languages are being translated but are not yet complete. Use with caution.
- Time Zone: The default time zone assigned to new members' profiles.
- Restrict Member Time Zones: To limit the list of time zones available to your users choose an appropriate restriction. It provides a shorter list to users which make them easier to select. It should match the above default Time Zone's region.
Interface Languages (translations) are a work in progress. If anyone would like to help with translating Community Weaver into another language, please contact us at: http://actionhub.timebanks.org/contact