Site signup email
The "Site Signup" email is automatically sent to a new member when they use the "Join" button and submit their application for a new account in the timebank. The email sent to new members contains a link which they will need to use to verify their email address. This notification is sent to confirm that the email address in their profile actually functions. If the email address is not confirmed by the prospective member, you cannot be sure that email messages actually can be received by that person.
Note: As a security precaution, members must use this link from the same web browser they signed up for.
Note: Using this link will require that new members login using the email and password which they entered in the signup/join form.
The message sent to them contains the following text:
Signed up for TimeBank Site Name
Verify your email by clicking this link:
- Verify my email address
[Admin Coordinator configurable content will appear here]
In the email, below the CW message there is space for coordinator configurable content, which can be empty or can be added/edited by an Admin Coordinator. The coordinator can use email customization fields to include additon information.
Please note that there are many reasons why a person might not have responded to this request to validate the email address:
- maybe the email request was overlooked
- perhaps they do not realize how important it is to reply
- maybe there is a typo in the email address and the request did not get to the intended recipient
- maybe their mail box was full when it was sent
- maybe it was diverted by a spam filter.
There are many reasons why an email validation request might not have been validated. If a member or prospective members has not validated their email address, it is best to contact them by another means (phone, in-person, by another email) to clarify the situation.
To resend the email request to validate / confirm their email,
- go to the person's profile
- click on the button "Profile Status" at the top of the profile
- go to section 2 "Verify your email address" and click on "send another"