Post an Ad
First choose either:
- the Post an offer button
- the Post a request button
Compose a Service Ad
- A short title or subject for the service offered or requested
- The description of the service offered or requested. You can include a web page link or picture. You can use the editing tools in he edit menu at the top of the description box.
Tip: When editing the body of the service ad, you can expand the description box by dragging its lower right corner down.
- Add a check mark (in the box) "One-time offer which expires immediately when an exchange is recorded." if the ad should automatically expire when a member records an exchange for it. This is useful when only one member can provide the service, for example a ride to the airport. Note, the function only when the exchange is recorded by clicking on "Record an Exchange" from within a service ads view.
Click on the "Expires" drop-down box to choose:
- the length to time the service ad will be shown (after which it will expire)
- immediately (to expire an ad immediately, to make into a "draft" ad that is not in the current service ad list)
- on date (which will ask you to enter a date and if needed a time)
Tip: An expired service ad is not deleted, but is saved as expired and can be made active at any time in the future by changing the "Expires" date.
Click on the "+" under "Categories" to choose:
- at least one (required) and up to three categories under which the ad will be displayed
Add a check mark (in the box) "Specify a different availability than my profile." if you want to share your availability that is different from the one in your profile.
Click on "Save changes" to publish your service ad.