Notification Emails used in CW
Automatic Notification Emails sent by Community Weaver
Automatic notification emails are automatically sent by Community Weaver are triggered by various activities in CW. They use a template in CW, most of which can be edited by a coordinator. They fall into one of these three categories:
- Account Activity Emails: Emails notifying members of their own account activity (signing up, approval, forgotten password, offers or requests are expiring)
- Site Activity Emails: These are the Member Update Emails that notifies members of activity on the TimeBank site (Recent offers, requests, news, alerts, etc.)
- Copies of messages from a timebank member to another member are sent to the message recipient(s). In certain situations these notifications are not sent. See: message notifications for the details.
The different types of email have different mechanisms to control how often they are sent, and how they are delivered.
Account Activity Emails
Emails which fail into this category are:
- Member signup email (sent to the applying member when they complete the signup form to apply for membership)
- Email address validation (sent to a member when the member's email address has been changed)
- Forgotten password email (sent to a member when they use the Forgotten Password feature)
- Member approval email (sent to the member when a coordinator approves their account allowing them full membership access)
- Ad expiration notice (sent to a member 7 days before the member's ad will expire)
- "An exchange was recorded for you" email notification (sent to the partner(s) in a recorded exchange, but not to the member who recorded the exchange)
Payment email notifications only active after a coordinator has configured and enabled the payment feature. See the details at:
- Payment - your subscription is expiring email notification (sent to members warning them that their subscription will soon expire, sent the number of days before the expiration date as defined by the coordinators)
- Payment - your subscription was renewed email notification (sent to members when their payment was recorded in CW)
- Payment - your subscription has expired and is overdue email notification (sent to members when their subscription expired and a new payment has not yet been recorded)
- Guardian Angel emails Every email notification that is sent to the member being managed by a Guardian Angel will be forwarded to the Guardian Angel. If the managed account does not have an email address, the Guardian Angel is responsible to notify the member about these notifications.
NOTE: Members whose accounts are enabled and opt in for email notifications will always be sent Account Activity Emails, as they are integral to the operation of the TimeBank. Accounts that are disabled or are enabled and opt out of email notifications will not be sent any Account Activity Emails
Site Activity Emails
- Member Update notifications about site activity. If the coordinator has switched this feature on, members will be sent Member Update emails containing information about the sites new offers, requests, pages, news, and events. Member Update emails to members inform them of all new content of the site since the previous Member Update notification email was sent. Coordinators can switch the Member Update notification on or off, for the entire site.
- Coordinators are sent a Coordinator report email which contains lists of recent exchanges and activity by members on the site.
NOTE: Members whose accounts are enabled and opt in for email notifications will always be sent Site Activity Emails, as they are integral to the operation of the TimeBank. Accounts that are disabled or are enabled and opt out of email notifications will not be sent any Site Activity Emails
NOTE: For all of the Site Activity and Member Activity emails, the frequency setting Notification Email Frequency controls how often these messages are sent to each individual member.
Messages from timebank members to timebank members
- In certain situation, when a member writes a message to another member in CW, an automatic email notification will be sent to the recipient(s) of that message. See: message notifications for the details. The timing for sending these notifications is not influenced the member's Notification Email Frequency configuration.
Not Automatic Notifications
- Broadcast Emails sent from CW are NOT a CW automatic notifications. They are an email sent by coordinators to a list of members that are chosen as recipients by a coordinator.
- Contact form messages sent from CW are NOT a CW automatic notifications. The contact form feature forwards the sender's message to the email defined in the contact form configuration.
NOTE: Accounts that opt out of email notifications will not be sent any Broadcast Emails
See also: Triggers for these notification emails