To record an exchange with another member, you can either
--> Go to "Record an Exchange in the sidebar or under "Give and Receive in the menu bar
--> Go to the service ad (offer or request) and click on "Record an Exchange"
NOTE: If you first go to a service ad to click on "Record an exchange", the title and category for that service ad will automatically be used for your new exchange record.
specify these things:
- Step 1 - Choose "I provided the service" or "I received the service" (click on one of them)
- Step 2 - Choose the member (or members) you did the exchange with: type the first few letters of the member name. Wait for the list of members and their pictures to appear, then click one (or more) of them. A check mark will appear in the member's box. Click "Next step".
- Final Step - Enter the "Description of service" and select a "Service category". Note:If you started to record an exchange via a service ad (offer or request) the description of service and service category will be filled out for you. Enter the hours and click on "Create "Exchange"
NOTE: You can a record a one-to-many or many-to-one exchange by choosing additional members as partners to the exchange.
- If you received the service, specify the total hours you are giving to the other members. If the total cannot be evenly divided among them, the remainder is automatically donated to the Community Fund.
- If you provided the service, specify the number of hours given to you by each member and the total you should receive. Any difference is automatically donated to the Community Fund.