Add a member
Only coordinators can use the "Add a member" function.
Prior to version 3.0.11 of Community Weaver, this menu item was titled Invite a new member.
To create a new account for a prospective member, a Member Coordinator can click on the "+" in the Menu Bar then click "Add a member" .
NOTE: If your timebank does not allow the public to "Join" the timebank, the only way to create a new ember account is to use this "Add a member" button. If the coordinator has switched off the public "Join" button, the "Join" button will no longer be visible on the site.
Prospective member has an email address
The coordinator is required to enter following information for the new member:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name.
The coordinator can also:
- enter a nickname or
- add a custom welcome message to the invitation email
Clicking the "Invite member" button will save the entries and will:
- Create the applying member account for the new member
- Send an invitation email to the email address with a request to "Activate my account".
- Take the coordinator to the new member's Member Profile where the coordinator can enter any other information about that person.
IMPORTANT NOTE for members whose account was created by the coordinator
When the invited person clicks the "Activate my account" link in the email invitation, they will be logged into their new account.
Tip: Before logging out, the new member will need to create a password for their account in order to log in later.
To do this the new member should:
- Click their name to go to their Member Profile.
- Click the 'Change Password' button at the top of the page.
- Enter their password twice then click Save changes.
Prospective member has no email address
To create a new account for a prospective member, a Member Coordinator can click on the "+" in the Menu Bar then click "Add a member"
When adding a new member the coordinator can choose "Member does not have an email address" and then will be required to choose a Guardian Angel for this new member with no email address. The Guardian Angel will receive email on the member's behalf. To do this, the coordinator clicks the checkbox for "Member does not have an email address". Then the required fields are First Name, Last Name, and Guardian Angel.