Home Page Block Configuration
When you first start using Community Weaver 3 the home page blocks are only visible to coordinators on your site. You can change the visibility of each block depending on your preferences as well as waiting until data becomes populated before sharing with members.
For example, if you have no exchanges, you probably do not want to advertise that fact to members until you start accumulating exchanges. As a coordinator, it's a good idea to monitor the home page blocks as you build your Timebank and reveal ones which will encourage members to continue to use your Timebank. When members see a list of Recent exchanges on the home page, they are encouraged to create exchanges themselves.
When choosing visibility, you select one of three visibility levels for visitors:
- Coordinators - The block is visible only to coordinators of your Timebank (Admin Coordinator, Member Coordinator, any person who has a role with the word Coordinator in it)
- Members - The block is visible all approved members of your Timebank, which of course includes all coordinators and any internal accounts you may have created.
- Everyone - The block is visible only to everyone, which means anyone in the world who visits the site, even people who have not logged in, and Applying members
Note that the display of each of the home page blocks does change depending on who is viewing the information, and that private member information is not shared outside of the site or to Everyone.
Changing home page block visibility
To change the visibility settings of the home page blocks:
- Go to your home page
- Click on > Toggle Edit Mode menu item - make sure this is checked if it isn't already checked
You should now see an Eye icon in the upper right of each home page block.
- Click on an "Eye icon" in the header of the block and selecting one of the three possibilities: Coordinators (visible to coordinators only), Members (visible to all members) or Everyone (visible to anyone on the Internet, no login necessary).
- Your changes to visibility take effect immediately.
Exiting Edit Mode
To exit edit mode to see the site as your visitors would see the home page of the site:
Color of the home page block title bars
The density of the hue for the title bar of the home page blocks depends upon visibility configured for that block. The header of the blocks uses the primary site color and changed the density of that color depending upon the visibility setting.
- If visible to Coordinators, the block's title bar shows 60% density of the primary site color.
- If visible to Members, the block's title bar shows 80% density of the primary site color.
- If visible to Everyone, the block's title bar shows 100% density of the primary site color.
For more details see color densities
The blocks arrange themselves on the home page. This allows the Community Weaver web site to be responsive to mobile devices. A coordinator cannot define where the various block appear on the home page. The pages will be placed in the upper center of the page when viewing the site with a PC.