A page is an informational web page within CW3. It can be created and edited by Admin Coordinators and Outreach Coordinators.
To create a new page a coordinator may:
- From the Menu Bar's plus icon, click 'Create a page'.
- From the List of existing pages, click the Create a page button.
To edit an existing page a coordinator may:
- From the sidebar, click the 'pencil icon' next to an existing page. (The 'pencil icon' is only visible when the "Toggle Edit Mode" is on.)
- Open the page and if you have edit permissions, click on the "Edit" button.
- From the Menu Bar's gear icon, go to Manage and click on Pages to see a list of the active regular pages which can be edited. Click on the "Edit" button
- To find inactive or special pages, see managing all CW pages.
Please note, when editing a page:
- To display the page in the sidebar, check the sidebar box when editing a page. Otherwise the title will not be visible in the sidebar.
- To publish a page check the "Publish" check box when editing it. If the check box "Publish" is not checked, saving the page will save what is written, but the page will be listed as "Inactive." To find an "Inactive" (un-published) page filter for "Inactive" when viewing the list of pages See the Gear Icon/Manage/Pages. To publish at a later date, click the Publish on date box and choose a date in the future. To allow it to expire automatically, click Stop publishing on date and choose a date when it should be made "Inactive" (un-published).
- To determine the pages visibility (who can see the page), after you put a check mark in the Published checkbox a coordinator can then choose whether it should be visible to members, coordinators, or everyone.
- To add an image to the page, use the "upload image" icon in the editor.
- To add a Featured Image to the page drag and drop an image into the Featured Image box or click in the box to browse to an image.
Tip: Click the Save changes button when you are done editing a page.
To display the page on your home page, find the page in the list of managing pages and check the box "Home page?".