Notification Emails used in CW
Notification emails in Community Weaver are sent for a variety of reasons, but generally fall into one of three categories:
- Account Activity Emails: Emails notifying members of their account activity (signing up, approval, forgotten password, offers or requests are expiring)
- Site Activity Emails: Emails notifying members of activity on the site (Recent offers, requests, news, alerts, etc.)
- Broadcast Emails: Emails sent by coordinators to a group of members about events and activities in the TimeBank.
The three different types of email have different mechanisms to control how often they are sent, and how they are delivered.
Account Activity Emails
Emails which fail into this category are:
- Member Signup email
- Email verification email
- Forgotten password email
- Membership approval email
- Offer or Request expired email
Members can not control whether these messages are sent to them, as they are integral to the operation of the TimeBank.
Site Activity Emails
Site Activity Emails in Community Weaver 3 can be disabled using the checkbox "I do not wish to receive broadcast mailings", configurable in a member's profile under Communication. When this option is checked, members will not receive site activity emails.
Types of site activity emails
- Members are sent regular emails containing information about new offers, requests, pages, news, and events. Site activity emails to members include all new content since the previous site activity email was sent.
- Coordinators are sent a similar email which contains lists of recent exchanges and activity by members on the site.
- Guardian Angels are sent emails which describe activities and notices for a member they are acting as guardian angel for.
For all of the above emails, the frequency setting Notification Email Frequency controls how often these messages are sent to each individual member.
Broadcast emails in Community Weaver 3 can be disabled using the checkbox I do not wish to receive broadcast mailings, configurable in a member's profile under Communication. When this option is checked, members will not receive broadcast mails from coordinators.