Home Page Block Configuration
When you first start using Community Weaver 3 the home page blocks are only visible to the coordinators. You can change the visibility of each block depending on your preferences as well as waiting until data becomes populated before sharing with members. For example, if you have no exchanges, you probably do not want to advertise that to members until you start accumulating exchanges.
When choosing visibility, you select one of three visibility levels for visitors:
- Coordinators - The block is visible only to coordinators of your Timebank (Admin Coordinator, Member Coordinator, any person who has a role with the word Coordinator in it)
- Members - The block is visible all approved members of your Timebank, which of course includes all coordinators and any internal accounts you may have created.
- Everyone - The block is visible only to everyone, which means anyone in the world who visits the site, even people who have not logged in.
Note that the display of each of the home page blocks does change depending on who is viewing the information, and that private member information is not shared outside of the site or to Everyone.
Changing home page block visibility
To change the visibility settings of the home page blocks:
- Go to your home page
- Click on > Toggle Edit Mode menu item - make sure this is checked if it isn't already checked
You should now see an Eye icon in the upper right of each home page block.
- Click on an "Eye icon" in the header of the block and selecting one of the three possibilities (Coordinators, Members or Everyone)
- Your changes to visibility take effect immediately
Exiting Edit Mode =
To exit edit mode to see the site as your visitors would see the home page of the site:
Color of the home page block title bars
The density of the hue for the title bar of the home page blocks depends upon visibility configured for that block.
- If visible to Coordinators, the block's title bar has a very light hue.
- If visible to Members, the block's title bar has a darker hue.
- If visible to Everyone, the block's title bar has a very dark hue.
For more details see color densities
The blocks arrange themselves on the home page. This allows the Community Weaver web site to be responsive to mobile devices. A coordinator cannot define where the various block appear on the home page. The pages will be placed in the upper center of the page when viewing the site with a PC.