Help for Coordinators
- 1 What can coordinators do?
- 2 How can coordinators communicate with each other"?
- 3 Membership Management
- 4 Create and Manage Site Content
- 5 Site Setup and Configuration
- 6 Create Reports
- 7 How Do I...?
- 7.1 Select Multiple Members, Exchanges, or Ads
- 7.2 View Applying Members
- 7.3 Configure Member Privacy
- 7.4 Send a Broadcast Email
- 7.5 Review Broadcast Emails
- 7.6 Make Sections of the Home Page Visible
- 7.7 Export Data to a Spreadsheet
- 7.8 Remove Misspelled Cities
- 7.9 Delete Members
- 7.10 Change my timebank's name
- 7.11 Change my timebank's Community Weaver Licensee
- 7.12 Update my timebank's directory information
- 8 Known CW 3 Issues
What can coordinators do?
How can coordinators communicate with each other"?
Applying for Membership
There are two ways for a prospective member to get a new Community Weaver account:
- A Member Coordinator may Invite a new member to join the timebank.
- A member of the public may apply to join. An Admin Coordinator may disable this option.
For more details see Applying Members
Selecting Members from a List
Acting on Behalf of a Member
- A coordinator can temporarily Become a member to act for them.
Guardian Angel Mode
- A Guardian Angel is a member who is given the access to observe and to act as another member, who needs special assisitance.
Create and Manage Site Content
An alert is an urgent announcement. Its title will be shown at the top of the Sidebar below a red title banner. All coordinators can create and edit alerts.
A page is an informational web page within CW3. Its title may be shown in the Sidebar.
A link goes to a web page outside CW3. Its title may be shown in the Sidebar.
A news article's headline may be shown in the Sidebar. News articles were called announcements in CW 2.
An event is a calendar entry. It may be shown on the TimeBank Home Page.
Site Setup and Configuration
Most configuration options are available under the Menu Bar's gear icon.
The coordinator can configure the appearance, content, and visibility of the home page.
Timebank Identity, Features, and Time Zone
Logo, Colors, and Fonts for teh Site
Add, edit, or remove service categories, cities, counties, affiliations, community time banks, or contact forms.
Configure Templates for the Email Notifications
Set the subject line and body text for broadcast emails sent to members.
Reports are the result of filters that define the criteria for the report.
Review the Exchanges
- Member Exchanges by date, member, or amount
- Member Accounts - summary of exchanges and hours by member
- New members, applicants, applicants with unverified email address, members with no offers or requests can be found in the TimeBank Coordinator Dashboard
- Membership totals, exchange totals, hours totals can be found in the TimeBank Coordinator Dashboard
- Using the lists of Members, Member Exchanges, Member Birthdays and Service Ads with the filter features satisfy most coordinators' information needs. Additionally coordinators can [Export|export]] the timebank data csv (comma separated values) files which can be read by any dATabase or spread sheet program. This can be very handy when you need to rearrange, format, or combine information for a special purpose such as a mailing list or data analysis or if you want to make filters and searches that are not built into Community Weaver.
How Do I...?
Select Multiple Members, Exchanges, or Ads
- You probably want to select a number of members, ads or exchanges in order to do a further actions with the list that is selected. There are two ways to select multiple members, service ads or exchanges in a list.
View Applying Members
The default list of members shows all enabled accounts that are members (approved). It does not show non-members (not approved) and does not show disabled accounts.
There are two ways to view a list of applying members.
A) Use the pre-configured filter that creates a report.
- Go to the GEAR icon
- Click on Dashboard
- Click on the the report
- Under the section "Member Reports"
- Click on "applying members all"
B) Create the filter yourself.
- Go to the list of Members
- Open the filter for "Roles" and choose "Applying members"instead of Members."
Note: It may be confusing that the list of members does not show you the date that the member joined Community Weaver. If you change the ascending/descending date order you can use the "Last seen" information to help you guess which order of date joined you are looking at.
Configure Member Privacy
- Configure privacy settings.
Send a Broadcast Email
Review Broadcast Emails
- List, re-send, or delete Broadcast Emails sent to members.
Make Sections of the Home Page Visible
- Make home page blocks viewable or not viewable via Home Page Visibility Settings
Export Data to a Spreadsheet
- Using the filters in the lists of Members, Member Exchanges, Member Birthdays and Service Ads satisfy most coordinators' information needs. But spreadsheet exports are very handy when you need to rearrange, format, or combine information for a special purpose such as a mailing list or data analysis.
Remove Misspelled Cities
- On the Members list, the 'Cities' filter lists the cities of all members. Any misspelled city in the list is caused by a misspelled city in the profile of either an enabled member or a disabled member. To correct the misspelled city:
- Clear all filter settings in the Members list.
- Change the Enabled/Disabled filter to 'All'.
- Select the misspelled city and click the magnifying glass to search for the member whose profile has the misspelled city.
- Correct the city's spelling in the member's profile.
We recommend that you do not delete members but just disable the member's account. Why? If you delete the account of a member that has participated in one or more recorded exchanges, then
- you will loose statistical data of your timebank,
- those exchange records will loose a partner
- the exchange certificate will not show that person.
Therefore Community Weaver prevents deleting members if they have a recorded exchange.
Change my timebank's name
Click on: Timebank Name Change
Change my timebank's Community Weaver Licensee
- If you want to assign a new person to be your TimeBanks' Community Weaver Licensee aka Representative to TBUSA), please use the online form at: change your TimeBank's licensee.
Update my timebank's directory information
See the update guide at: update your timebank directory
Known CW 3 Issues
Click on Known_CW3_Issues