Usually you get information from Community Weaver's database by using the filters for filtering for the Members, Ads or Exchanges. All of the results for these views can be exported as a comma separates value (CSV) file that can be imported into spreadsheet (such as MS Excel, OpenCalc, LibreCalc, and others) and most database programs. The exported files are named:
These files can be imported in to spreadsheet and database programs which then provide additional capability to sort, search, and filter the data.
Here is the simple description for exporting a list of members.
To export a list of members with their profile information
- Step 1 - Click on "Members" to see the list of members (The default filter is "Enabled" and "Members")
- Step 2 - If you want to export a list of all of the members, there is no need to change the default filter. If you want a sub-set of all members, use the [[Using_Filters|Filters] feature to list only the ones that you choose to export.
- Step 3 - IMPORTANT NOTE: If the selection drop down box shows "XX members selected" in red, then click on that drop down box and click on "Clear selection" THEN the selection drop down box will show "No members selected". Click on that drop down box and click on "Add XX matching members"
- Step 4 - In the "member actions" drop down box, click on the drop down and click on "Export".
- Step 5 - Confirm the export by clicking on "Export"
The exported file, "members.csv", will include the member's profile data. It is possible to use a spread sheet program choose, filter and sort the members in the exported file.
Similarly it is possible to export a list of service ads (offers and /or requests) and exchanges. Here is a more detailed description, which is especially useful if you want to export only some of the records.
- Open one of these lists: Members, Exchanges, or Ads.
- Using the filters choose the members, exchanges, or service ads.
- Clear the selection (if a sticky selection remains from a previous action)
- Select the results from the list for the next action
- If you are not using the "sticky" function of the select function, choose "Clear selection" from the select drop down list and then choose "Add XX matching members/exchanges/ads from the select drop down list. If there are no items selected, you do not need to use the "Clear selection"
- If you are using the "sticky" function of the select the "Add XX matching members/exchanges/ads" or "Remove XX matching members/exchanges/ads , from the select drop down list. Because the selected items are "sticky" you can add or remove items from the selected list multiple times.
- Click for further action to open the drop down menu
- To confirm that your are exporting the desired set of records, you can note the short description of the selected items.
- Click Export.
- The selected items will be exported into a csv file.
Note that the exported CSV file will contain only the members, exchanges, or ads that you selected.
File Name and Format
The exported file names are:
- for members: members.csv includes the member's profile information
- for service ads (offers and/or requests): ads.csv includes the information in the service ad
- for exchanges: exchanges.csv includes the information recorded in the exchanges
Each file is downloaded as a .csv file, which can be imported into a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Office Excel, OpenOffice Calc, or LibreOffice Calc or also into most databace programs. The CSV format has limited formatting capability, so if you modify the downloaded file, do not save it as a CSV file but do save it as a spreadsheet. For example, save members.csv as members.xlsx (Excel) or members.ods (Calc).