Usually you get information from Community Weaver's database by using the filters for filtering for the Members, Ads or Exchanges. All of the results for these views can be exported as a comma separates value (CSV) file that can be imported into spreadsheet and database programs. The exported files are named:
The spreadsheet and database programs provide additional capability to sort, search, join, and format.
There are three steps involved to export all of the data:
- Filter for the items you want to see in the list.
- Select the items for the next step
- Choose the further action, in this case: Export
Here's a more detailed description, which is expecially useful if you want to export only some of teh records.
- Open one of these lists: Members, Exchanges, or Ads.
- Using the filters choose the members, exchanges, or ads.
- Select the results from the list for the next action
- If you are not using the "sticky" function of the select function, choose "Clear selection" from the select dropdown list and then choose "Add XX matching members/exchanges/ads from the select dropdown list. If there are no items selected, you do not need to use the "Clear selection"
- If you are using the "sticky" function of the select the "Add XX matching members/exchanges/ads" or "Remove XX matching members/exchanges/ads , from the select dropdown list. Because the selected items are "sticky" you can add or remove items from the selected list multiple times.
- Click for further action to open the dropdown menu
- To confirm that your are exporting the desired set ot records, you can note the short description of the selected items.
- Click Export.
- The selected items will be exported into a csv file.
The exported CSV file will contain only the members, exchanges, or ads you selected.
File Name and Format
The exported file names are:
- Members: members.csv
- Exchanges: exchanges.csv
- Ads: ads.csv
Each file is downloaded as a .csv file, which can be imported into a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Office Excel, OpenOffice Calc, or LibreOffice Calc or also into most databace programs. The CSV format has limited formatting capability, so if you modify the downloaded file, do not save it as a CSV file but do save it as a spreadsheet. For example, save members.csv as members.xlsx (Excel) or members.ods (Calc).