A Community Timebank is a "sub-timebank" or "hub" within a Community Weaver site. Any timebank member can choose:
- to associate their own account with one or more Community Timebanks.
- to associate any of their own offers or requests one or more Community Timebanks.
A Community Weaver will have to create the Community Timebank before it can be used by the timebank's members.
If a member or of a member's offers/requests are associated with a Community Timebank, then the filters can be used to find:
- all members associated with the Community Timebank
- find all offers/requests that are associated with a Community Timebank.
Community Timebank for Members
Members can associate themselves (their timebank account) with a Community Timebank in their profile.
- Go to your profile
- Click on "Edit connections"
- Click on the tab "Communities"
- To associate your account, choose one or more of the Community Timebanks. (If no Community Timebanks are listed, your coordinator has not yet set up this feature.)
- Click on "Save changes"
- Associating yourself with a Community Timebank does not change your accounts visibility to other members. All timebank members can see all other timebank members even if they are associated with different Community Timebanks.
Community Timebank for Service Ads
Members can associate their offers/requests with a Community Timebank. When posting or editing a service ad:
- Go to the section "Link to Community Timebank ..."
- To associate your service ad, choose one or more of the Community Timebanks. (If no Community Timebanks are listed, your coordinator has not yet set up this feature.)
NOTE: Associating a service ad with a Community Timebank does not change its visibility. All timebank members can see all offers and requests associated with any Community Timebank.
Filtering for Community Timebank members or service ads
In the list of members, you can use the filter "Community Timebank" to show a list of members associated with a Community Timebank. In the list of offers/requests, you can use the filter "Community Timebank" to show a list of offers/requests that are associated with a Community Timebank.
- If no Community Timebanks are visible to members, the coordinator has not yet created one.
- Coordinators can create a Community Timebank by using the page at Gear Icon/Configure/Lists/Community Timebanks. As soon as a new Community Timebank is created, it will be visible to all members.