- 1 Broadcast Emails
- 2 Compose a New Broadcast Email
- 3 To Manage - Broadcast Emails
are Emails sent by coordinators to all or sub-group of members of the TimeBank. Coordinators can choose which members receive the broadcast email.
Compose a New Broadcast Email
To compose a new broadcast email to all members, or to compose a new broadcast email to some members, you first need to filter for and then select the members to receive the new broadcast email. Follow these steps:
- From a list of members, use a filter to create a visible list of members who are to be sent the broadcast email.
- If you see "X members" in a red font, click on the drop-down arrow and choose "Clear selection." This will clear the sticky selection list and allow you to create a new sticky selection list.
- Click on the "Select Members" drop-down list to select the members in the visible list and add them to the sticky selection list.
- If needed, filter for another group of recipients and add them also to the sticky selection list.
- Click on the "for further action" drop-down list and choose the action "Compose the broadcast email".
For more details about how to filter for and then select recipients for a broadcast email see Select for Action.
- There is a delay of about 8 minutes before a submitted broadcast email will be sent. This provides coordinators with a few minutes to discover and to correct mistakes that might have been made when composing the mail or when selecting the recipients.
- After the delay, the broadcast mail is put into a mailing queue. Depending upon the amount of broadcast mails in the queue from other Community Weaver timebanks, it may take an additional amount of time before your mail is sent out. This might be a few minutes or longer, depending upon the activity in the network.
To Manage - Broadcast Emails
(drafted, scheduled or sent broadcast emails) continue here.
Filter the list of broadcast emails
You can use the filter at the top of the page to be selective. Click the visible criterion, (see the list below) to activate the drop-down list. Then click on one of the criteria below to select it and to activate the filter. Your choices are:
- All (default setting)
The search box enables you to further refine your filter by subject.
Change the sort order
On the upper right of the page you can choose the sort order:
- by modified date (default setting)
- by scheduled date
- by send date
and ascending or descending sort order. Click the circle with an arrow to change the list from descending to ascending date order.
View the draft, scheduled or sent broadcast email
In the grey oval to the left of each mail you will see the status of that broadcast mail. In the larger oval on the right is the date and time that the action was completed or last edited. At the bottom of each mail, in bold, is a brief description of the selections that were used as recipients for the broadcast email.
- To view the details of an email, click its subject or click the Preview button.
- To delete an email, click the Delete button.
- Note: The "Send again" button currently has no function.
- Note: If you see a "Compose duplicate" button, you can click on it to reuse teh sent or draft email but with the new selection if recipients.
Reusing a broadcast email
If you want to reuse one of the sent broadcast emails, or if you want to use a draft broadcast email and send it to a new list of recipients you
- first have to select one or more members to be the recipients of the broadcast email. For the details see: Select members
- then, when you return to the manage broadcast email list, choose the broadcast email or draft that you want to reuse and click on the "Compose duplicate" button.
How to go to the "Manage - Broadcast Emails" page
- Click the gear icon in the Menu Bar then in the section Manage, click on Broadcast Emails
Opt Out of Broadcast emails
Individual members may no longer opt-out of broadcast emails as of Community Weaver 126.96.36.199. If you would like to opt-out of broadcast emails, contact a coordinator for your TimeBank and request to be removed from the broadcast email list.
Admin Coordinators and Member Coordinators can prevent broadcast email from being sent to individual members by using the check box Opt-out of broadcast mailings, configurable in a member's profile under Communication. When this option is checked, member will not receive broadcast emails, even if they are added as a selected member to the broadcast email list.