An "Applying Member" is
- a CW account for a person who has used the join feature in Community Weaver and has not yet been approved by a coordinator
- a CW account for a person who was added to CW by a coordinator and has not yet been approved by a coordinator
An Applying Member:
- can see the parts of the timebank that are visible to everyone (all the world)
- can login to their own account and then
- can edit their own profile
- can post an offer or request, which will not be visible to other members until they are approved
- can choose their own Timebankers' Talents, which will not be visible to other members until they are approved
Until they are approved by a coordinator, an Applying member:
- cannot see other member's profiles or personal information
- cannot see the details of other member's offers and requests
- cannot see other member's timebankers' talents
- cannot record exchanges with members
Coordinators can see a list of all applying members by:
- clicking on "Member" in the sidebar and then changing the filter from "member" to "applying members"
- click on "Gear icon/Reports/Dashbord" and then choose the one of the applying member reports.
Coordinators can approve an applying member by going to that members profile and then clicking on the "Approve" button (in the green field() at the top of that member's profile.
Coordinators can un-approve a member (see the "Unapprove" button in a red field at the top of a member's profile) to undo the membership approval. This button is provided to allow a coordinator to unapprove an account that was ACCIDENTALLY approved. If you want to prevent a member from accessing your timebank it is usually better to use "Disable" instead of Unapprove". Using "Unapprove" will delete the current approval date. Re-approving a member will record the current date as the approval date, unless you choose another approval date. The previous approval date is lost when you unapprove a member. Use with caution.